You are here
HOW-TO CONTRIBUTE to the Advanced Training Material on African FOSS Business Models
This How-To page details how you can contribute to the continuous co-evolution of the Advanced African FOSS business models training material and the communities around it. To contribute you don't need to be an FOSS savvy or geek. Contributions are welcome from business people, teachers, students, lawyers, computer and information systems scientists, economists, social scientists, FOSS advocates, enthusiasts, etc. In particular you can
- Contribute content and improve quality of the training material e.g.:
a) Improve the quality of the content & provide localized versions of the training materials:
- Add your localized versions to the National Course Directory.
- Suggest new topics, items, modules you want added through the FOSS Business Trainers Mailing list at FBT[at]it-inwent.org.
- Report typographical errors, sentence and paragraph structures, other grammar mistakes in the modules, and broken links in the text and references.
b) Submit case studies and practical examples of FOSS business practices in Africa. You can report case studies by using the template available at Module 2 Q&A or download the document template from here.. You can either add your case study directly at the wiki or you can send it to us by mail to contributor[at]it-inwent.org.
c) Add more resources and literature related to "Advanced African Free and Open Source Software Business Models" on the wiki dedicated to "Selected Resources and Literature".
d) Translate the material into your local language here.
e) Submit photos and artwork to use in the modules.
2. Join the community:
3. Learn with us: You can join an active community of learners and instructors at the ict@innovation E-learning platform http://www.ict-innovation.fossfa.net/e-learning/index.php
4. Contribute support and publicity:
- Contribute publicity; if you are using the Advanced FOSS Business Models training material or knows someone using it, we would be glad to hear from you. Use the forum or mailing list to send your comments.
- Send us reports, conference and journal papers, mirrors for archives and videos which are relevant to the FOSS Business Models so that we can add this to the syllabus Download page. To do so, just contact us by mail at contributor[at]it-inwent.org!
- Bloggers: Join ict@innovation, login and use the blog facility at the top right-hand-side to blog the African FOSS Business Models training material.
- Add more resources and literature related to "Advanced African Free and Open Source Software Business Models" on the wiki dedicated to "Selected Resources and Literature"
Do you want to know "How to contribute to Open Source Without Coding"? Read the many other ways you can contribute to FOSS in general from here...